How It Happened
The Rams connected on better than 50% from the floor, knocking down 10 3-pointers en route to a 79-63 victory over Fordham.
Rhody led by five (9-4) early on before a Fordham 9-2 run gave the Bronx Rams a 13-11 lead with 14:00 left in the first half. A Jarvis Garrett 3-pointer on the next possession helped URI start a 16-2 run, capped by a Four McGlynn trey - making it 27-15 with 8:50 left in the period. Fordham outscored Rhody, 20-12, the rest of the way.
Fordham cut it to one (43-42) with 15:52 left, but Rhode Island began to pull away over the next seven and a half minutes, building a 12-point edge on a potential #SCTop10 highlight. Kuran Iverson notched a steal and threw a behind-the-back pass to a driving Terrell, making it 66-54 with 8:23 to go. The Rams built as much as a 17-point lead late in the game.
Inside the Box Score
- Jared Terrell poured in a game and career-high 25 points. The 6-3 guard was 10-of-18 from the floor and 3-of-8 from the outside. He also added four boards and three assists in 35 minutes.
- Terrell picked up career assist #100 early in the first half, on classmate Jarvis Garrett's third 3-pointer of the night.
- Garrett finished with 16 points, 15 of which came in the first half. He has now scored in double figures in seven consecutive games and 13 of Rhody's last 14 overall.
- The Milwaukee native also dished out six assists in the win. Five of those came in the second half and led to 12 Rhody points.
- Hassan Martin - limited to just four foul-plagued first half minutes - finished with 11 points, nine rebounds, a blocked shot and two steals.
- Earl Watson and Four McGlynn each added eight points. Watson also had five boards and two blocks, while McGlynn connected on two 3FG and dished out two assists.
- The Rams shot 51.0% (26-51) from the floor - the seventh time this season they shot better than 50% from the field. URI is 7-0 in those games.
- Rhody was back on the positive side with assists and turnovers. URI dished out 15 assists and committed 12 turnovers.
Stat of the Game, pt. I
5 - Hassan Martin grabbed a team-high five offensive rebounds.
Stat of the Game, pt. II
62.1% - Jarvis Garrett is connecting on better than 62% of his 3-point attempts in Atlantic 10 play (18-29).
Rhody will host Saint Joseph's on Saturday, Jan. 30. The game will be televised live nationally on the CBS Sports Network.
Tip off for the game between the Rams and Hawks is set for 6 p.m.
The Rhody Sports Network will also carry this - and every game - live on B101 (101.5 FM), with Steve McDonald and Don Kaull.