12 Hassan Martin
|Hometown:||Staten Island, N.Y.|
- Named to the 2013-14 Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team
- A-10 leader in blocked shots for the regular season (2.4 bpg) and conference games-only (2.9 bpg).
- Was named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week on March 3 - his first weekly conference honor
- Set a new URI freshman single-season blocked shot record, swatting his 64th shot of the season at St. Bonaventure on Feb. 22. Kenny Green (63 - 1986-87) had previously held the mark.
- Had eight points, seven rebounds, three assists and five blocked shots in 36 minutes of play vs. Massachusetts in the A-10 Tournament.
- Four double-doubles this season: most recently 13 points and 12 career-best boards vs. Fordham
- Tied his career-high with six blocked shots vs. Fordham in the regular season finale
- Also had 10 points and a career-best 13 rebounds vs. Richmond, 14 points and 13 boards at Dayton; career-high 16 points and 10 rebounds at GW.
- Grabbed 10 rebounds and had nine points and three blocks against Duquesne.
- Added 10 points - including his first 3-pointer - nine boards, and five blocked shots at Fordham
- Swatted a career-high six shots at Brown and added five blocks against Saint Louis
- Earned his first collegiate start at Brown, recording nine rebounds in 31 minutes.
- Came off the bench to block five shots and grab five rebounds against New Hampshire
- Pulled down eight boards and blocked three shots at Detroit
- Scored 13 points (4-6 FG) and had three boards, two steals and a block in the season opener vs. Maine
At Curtis H.S.:
- Helped lead Curtis H.S. to a 26-5 overall record, averaging 16.8 points per game as a senior.
- Named MVP of the Staten Island H.S. League tournament as Curtis took the SIHSL title
- Averaged 16.8 points per game as a senior under head coach Rich Buckheit, helping to guide the Warriors to the and the Staten Island PSAL championship and the New York City PSAL AA semifinals
- Earned MVP honors in the NYC Mayor's Cup All-Star Game, scoring 27 points en route to leading the PSAL squad to a 148-136 overtime victory over the CHSAA.
- Won the 2013 Warren Jaques Award, presented annually to Staten Island's most outstanding basketball player
- Had 19 points en route to being named the MVP of the Jordan Brand Classic Regional Game, held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn
- Played with New Heights AAU program
- Hassan Martin was born on Nov. 22, 1995
- Son of Sharice and Kareem Martin
- Has five siblings - Phil, Kareem, Malik, Qadir, and Talib
- Brother Phil played collegiately at UC Riverside from 2010-12
- Lists Paul George as his favorite player and the Los Angeles Clippers and San Antonio Spurs as his favorite NBA teams
- Public relations major