Due to the winter storm, Saturday's Game vs. St. Bonaventure has been changed to a 7 p.m. start time.
Here is the the ticket exchange policy for tomorrow's game:
- Tickets (un-stubbed/non scanned) can be exchanged for another men's basketball home game during the 2012-13 season.
- The Ryan Center box office will begin processing the exchanges on Monday, Feb. 11.
- If the game is played (as scheduled) fans should use discretion if they decide to travel to the Ryan Center.
- Due to the campus-wide parking ban, students have been instructed to park in the Plains Road lots. Please factor that into your plans if you intend on coming to the game.
Watch Live: OSN (Cox. ch. 5 / 1005 HD) - Eric Frede / Abu Bakr / Mike Mancuso
Gamenotes: Rhode Island/St. Bonaventure (pdf)
RHODE ISLAND VERSUS ST. BONAVENTURE
- The Rams play the lone regular season game against St. Bonaventure - the 2012 Atlantic 10 Tournament Champion.
- Last year, the Bonnies swept the season series with a 72-66 overtime win in Kingston on Jan. 25 and an 81-61 victory in Olean, N.Y. on Feb. 18.
- Rhody holds a 34-26 lead in the all-time series, which dates back to the 1960-61 season.
RHODE ISLAND IN THE ATLANTIC 10 CONFERENCE
- Since its inaugural season in the conference during the 1980-81 season, Rhode Island has posted a 233-287 all-time record in Atlantic 10 play.
- The Rams earned their first conference win at Saint Louis on Jan. 19, 82-80 in overtime.
- Last season, Rhody finished with a 4-12 mark in conference play, putting them in 13th place in the league standings.
- On Jan. 18, 2012 - at Fordham - Rhode Island played its 500th Atlantic 10 game all-time.
RHODE ISLAND AT THE THOMAS M. RYAN CENTER
- This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Ryan Center - the home of URI men's and women's basketball.
- URI holds a 105-59 regular season record in the Ryan Center since the arena opened for play on Nov. 26, 2002 with a 73-71 victory over USC.
- Last season's victory over Hofstra on Nov. 25, 2011 was the 100th on the Ryan Center floor.
- The Rams have won 11 or more home games on five occasions - including a program-record 15 in 2009-10.
LAST TIME OUT - MASSACHUSETTS 81, RHODE ISLAND 53 - FEBRUARY 6
- Xavier Munford led Rhode Island with 22 points. He had 15 at the break, including a 3-pointer as time expired in the first half.
- Andre Malone was the only other Rhody player in double-figures, with 10 points. He also had a team-high seven rebounds.
- Mike Powell added eight points and four assists to just two turnovers in 36 minutes.
- It marked the third time that Rhode Island yielded 80 points to an opponent - and just the second time in regulation.
- Entering tonight's game, Rams opponents were averaging 65.3 points per game and 68.4 in A-10 play.
- Jordan Hare traveled to Amherst but did not dress (back spasms). His status for Saturday has yet to be determined.
- The Rams launched a season-high 30 3-pointers. It was the most since URI put up 34 3-point attempts versus Maine on Dec. 4, 2011.
- Since the start of Atlantic 10 play, Rhode Island has played seven of its eight games in single-digits, with an average scoring margin of 6.8 points.
- Three of the Rams' six A-10 losses have been by three points or less. URI earned an 82-80 overtime victory at Saint Louis on Jan. 19.
- Through its first eight A-10 contests last year, Rhody had lost by an average of close to 11.0 points per game.
TODAY'S RHODE ISLAND BASKETBALL FACT(S) YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Today's Theme: Scoring
- After connecting on 24-of-28 from the free throw line at Butler, the Rams followed that up by connecting on 10-for-12 shooting from the foul line at Massachusetts. Over the last two games, Rhody is 34-of-40 from the charity stripe - good for 85.0%.
- Alwayne Bigby knocked down all four of his free throw attempts last time out at UMass - the first time he went at least 4-of-4 from the line since Nov, 30, 2011 (Northeastern vs. LaSalle).
- This season, Nikola Malesevic has had six games with 15 or more points and five with less than five points.
- Xavier Munford has nine games with 20 points or more - the most by a Ram since Delroy James has 12 20+ point performances during the 2010-11 season.
T.J. TURNING IT UP
- Sophomore T.J. Buchanan is averaging 7.0 points and is shooting just under 50.0% from the floor over the last seven games.
- He posted back-to-back season-highs against Fordham and VCU.
- Against VCU on Jan. 30, Buchanan tallied 11 points on 4-of-8 shooting from the floor (2-3 3FG).
- His 3-pointer with just under a minute remaining capped off a late 13-4 Rhody run.
- On Jan. 26 at Fordham, the Kalamazoo, Mich. native had 10 points (2-4 FG; 1-2 3FG; 5-6 FT)
- Buchanan has scored at least five points in six of his last seven games. Over his first 13 games, he reached five points just once.
MUNFORD SECOND IN THE ATLANTIC 10 IN SCORING
- Junior guard Xavier Munford ranks second in the Atlantic 10 in scoring, through games of Feb. 8.
- The Hillside, N.J. native checks in at 17.5 points per game, which also ranks him 67th nationally.
- He has registered nine of Rhody's top ten scoring performances this season, including a 33-point effort at Auburn.
- He is fifth in scoring in Atlantic 10 games only, checking in at 17.5 points per game.
- Munford has posted nine games with 20 or more points - the most in the Atlantic 10 this season.
- Only one Rhody player - Carlton "Silk" Owens - ever finished the season atop the conference's scoring leaders (21.8 ppg, 1987-88).
MARTIN, MATTHEWS INK NATIONAL LETTERS OF INTENT
- On Wednesday, Nov. 14, head coach Dan Hurley announced the signing of Hassan Martin and E.C. Matthews.
- Martin is a 6-7, 190 lb. native of Staten Island, N.Y. and a standout forward for Curtis H.S. and the New Heights AAU program.
- His brother Phil played collegiately at UC Riverside and is playing in the NBDL.
- Martin is ranked 125th on Scout.com's latest player rankings for the class of 2013.
- Matthews is a 6-4, 180 lb. point guard from Romulus, Mich. He is one of three Division I signees from Romulus H.S. CBSSports.com ranks him No. 62 in their Top 100, while ESPN.com has him at No. 88. Matthews spent time this summer at the LeBron James Skills Academy and plays his AAU basketball with The Family.
- Matthews is ranked 72nd on Scout.com's latest player rankings - the top-rated recruit in the Atlantic 10 and the second-rated non-BCS signee for the class of 2013.
- Scout.com rates Rhode Island's recruiting class as the eighth-best nationally (non-BCS).