What It Means:
Rhody shot a season-high 55.1% from the floor - including 63.6% in the second half - to earn its first Atlantic 10 victory of the season, 82-80, at Saint Louis. The Rams sealed the W by going 10-of-10 from the charity stripe during the extra period. The victory extends URI's win streak over SLU to five games, dating back to the 2009-10 season.
Inside the Box Score and Beyond:
* Xavier Munford - the A-10's leading scorer - led Rhode Island with 24 points. He was 8-of-14 from the floor, including 4-of-8 from the perimeter.
* Munford's 3-pointer with 1:05 left in regulation tied it at 65-65, forcing overtime at Chaifetz Arena. It was one of several big shots by the Rams, in a game that saw 11 ties and 21 lead changes.
* The Rams connected several big perimeter shots during crunch time. Prior to the game-tying Munford shot, Mike Powell knocked down a triple from the far deep corner as the shot clock wore down, making it 62-62 with 1:46 remaining. Powell finished with nine points and four assists.
* In overtime, after SLU took a 74-71 lead with 1:47 left, Nikola Malesevic drained a deep trey from the top of the key. He finished with 14 points, five assists, and three blocked shots.
* The Rams' bench was efficient and provided a real spark in the win. Alwayne Bigby, T.J. Buchanan, and Ryan Brooks combined for 11 points, eight rebounds, an assist and three steals. The trio shot 5-of-6 from the field.
* Jordan Hare narrowly missed his first collegiate double-double, finishing with 10 points and nine rebounds to go along with three blocked shots.
* The Rams tied their season high in team assists, with 17. Rhody also had 17 dimes against SMU on Dec. 15.
The Rams host George Washington on Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased by visiting ExperienceRhody.com or the Ryan Center Box Office. For more information, call (401) 874-RAMS.
The game can be seen live on OSN (Cox ch. 5/1005 HD) and coxsportsonline.com, with Eric Frede and Abu Bakr calling all the action live.
Steve McDonald and Don Kaull also bring you the radio call on the Beltone Hearing Aid Centers Rams Radio Network (B101 101.5 FM). This - and all Rhody games on radio - can be heard on the internet or your smartphone device through iheart.com or the iHeartRadio app.