Mar 19, 2019
URI - LHP Jake Walker (1-0, 4.15 ERA)
SHU - RHP Billy O'Brien (0-1, 6.75 ERA)
Sacred Heart (5-12)
- SHU comes to URI after taking two of three games from LIU Brooklyn last weekend. The Pioneers won 6-5 and 4-3 before dropping the finale 3-2.
- Stephen Thibault is hitting .309 and leads the team in hits 917), runs scored (10), walks (14) and on-base percentage (.457).
- Jake Frasca also has 17 hits to date, and has recorded a team-best five extra-base.
- Austin Marksmann in the only player with double-digit RBI (10).
- Elijah Brown and Justin Jordan are the top threats on the base paths with eight and five stolen bases, respectively.
- Right handed pitcher Billy O'Brien is scheduled to get the start on the hill. He enters the game with an 0-1 record and a 6.75 ERA over three appearances. Through his 5.1 innings pitched, opponents are hitting .150.
Rhode Island (4-10)
- The Wednesday afternoon matchup will be the first home game of the season for the Rams.
- Most recently, Rhody split a four-game series at Wichita State. The Rams dropped the opener (8-7), swept a Saturday doubleheader (13-8, 6-1) and fell in the finale (5-1).
- Redshirt sophomore Max Mircovich leads the Rams with a .435 average, .696 slugging percentage and .536 on-base percentage.
- Senior Kevin Heiss and sophomore Austin White are hitting .342 and .325, respectively. Both players enter the game with 13 hits on the season.
- Heiss is a perfect 3-for-3 in stolen base attempts while White leads the team in runs scored, with nine.
- Sophomore Jackson Coutts has recorded a team-best 17 hits and eight RBI.
- Jake Walker will have the ball for the Rams. He enters the game with a 4.15 ERA and a .313 opposing average over 4.1 innings pitched.