- Thursday's game has been pushed to a 2PM start, in an effort to avoid forecasted rain later in the afternoon.
- As of now, Friday and Saturday's games will be played as scheduled. However, with rain in the forecast for Saturday, there is the possibility of playing an 11AM doubleheader on Friday. If this is the case, a brief Senior Day ceremony will be held between games on Friday. Otherwise, it will take place prior to the start of Saturday's game.
- An official decision for Games 2 and 3 will be made on Thursday, following the conclusion of Game 1.
Thursday, May 17 — 2:00 PM
Coverage: Live Stats
URI - RHP Matt Murphy (4-3, 2.47 ERA)
SBU - RHP Brandon Schlimm (0-8, 7.17 ERA)
Friday, May 18 — 1:00 PM
Coverage: Live Stats
URI - LHP Tyler Wilson (3-6, 3.18 ERA)
SBU - RHP Brain Pulli (0-2, 5.25 ERA)
URI - RHP Taso Stathopoulos (4-1, 2.06 ERA)
SBU - RHP Casey Vincent (4-3, 3.88 ERA)
Rhode Island (22-26, 11-10 A-10)
- URI enters the weekend having won 14 of its last 15 games.
- Most recently, URI used a pair of eighth-inning home runs from Xavier Vargas and Sam Ilario to overcome a 3-2 deficit and knock off #23 UConn 4-3. Nick Johnson sealed the victory with his eighth save of the season.
- Jackson Coutts continues to lead Rhode Island with a .315 batting average. He has reached base in each of the team's last 33 games and hit his first career homer last weekend at Dayton.
- The Rams have homered six times in the last three games thanks to long balls by Sam Illario (2), Jackson Coutts (1), Jordan Powell (1), Sonny Ulliana (1) and Xavier Vargas.
- Tyler Barss - who is Rhody's all-time saves leader (29) - recorded his first career win last weekend at Dayton.
- Nick Johnson continues to be lights out, lowering his ERA to 1.00 after Tuesday's save against UConn. In 22 appearances (27.0 innings) he has recorded 45 strikeouts while allowing just 18 hits and 10 walks.
St. Bonaventure (9-31, 5-12 A-10)
- St. Bonaventure enters the weekend looking to snap an eight-game losing streak. Their last time out, the Bonnies fell to Penn State 10-2. Prior to that they dropped back-to-back games to Saint Louis in a weather-shortened A-10 series.
- Mike Magnanti leads the team with a .324 batting average and 22 walks.
- Ryan MacCarrick is the only other player hitting above .300 as he owns a .316 batting average with a team-high 48 hits.
- Brandon Henshaw has driven in a team-best 19 runs.
- Game #3 starter Casey Vincent leads the Bonnies with a 3.88 ERA and a 4-3 record.