Rhode Island Lineup
Foley (LF), Cavaliere (C), Powell (CF), Coutts (1B), McManus (2B), Ulliana (DH), Heiss (SS), Hill (3B), White (RF), Wilson (P)
Knehr (DH), Mackenzie (2B), Goodrich (CF), Tarabek (SS), Bardwell (C), Vazquez (3B), Goulard (1B), Labella (RF), Baker (LF), Greenberg (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (7-22, 1-7 A-10) managed just two hits through nine innings, falling to Fordham 4-0 Saturday afternoon in the Bronx. It marked the fourth time this season the Rams have been shut out.
Fordham (17-9-1, 3-2 A-10) pushed across single runs in the third and fourth innings, before scoring twice in the fifth for the 4-0 advantage. Rhody advanced a runner to third in the seventh inning, and loaded the bases with one away in the ninth, but was unable to put any runs on the board.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Austin White and junior Kevin Heiss each singled once for Rhody's lone hits of the game.
- Freshman Jackson Coutts was walked once, extending his reached-base streak to 14 games.
- URI's 1-6 hitters combined to go 0-for-20 on the afternoon.
- Redshirt junior Tyler Wilson was charged with the loss, allowing four runs on nine hits over 4.1 innings. He struck out two and walked one while falling to 0-6 on the season.
- Redshirt junior Cam LaFleur (1.2), junior Mark Silvestri (1.0) and sophomore Jake Walker (1.0) combined for 3.2 innings of scoreless relief.
Rhody and Fordham return to Houlihan Park to close out the three-game Atlantic 10 series at noon on Sunday.