Rhode Island Lineup
Brodeur (2B), Hill (3B), Powell (CF), Cavaliere (C), Vargas (1B), Foley (LF), Mircovich (RF), Jangols (DH), Daller (SS), Wilson (P)
Lively (SS), Prater (LF), Hurd (CF), Sutton (1B), Reisinger (C), Cosgrove (DH), Perrin (2B), Taylor (3B), Ciancio (RF), Skubal (P)
How it Happened
Trailing 2-0 after two innings, Rhode Island (0-4) got on the board in the top of the third when Josh Brodeur singled through the left side to drive in Max Mircovich. The Rams then pulled ahead in the top of the fourth when Jordan Powell scored on a wild pitch and Sam Ilario followed with a bases-loaded walk that plated Greg Cavaliere.
Seattle (4-1) got the run back in the bottom of the fifth but Rhody reclaimed the lead at 4-3 in the sixth when Brodeur drew a bases-loaded walk to push across Mircovich.
The Redhawks evened the score once again in the bottom of the seventh however, before scoring what proved to be the game-winning run in the bottom of the eighth.
Inside the Box Score
- The Rams managed just two hits in the game - one each by redshirt freshman Josh Brodeur and senior Jordan Powell - but combined to draw 10 walks.
- Brodeur also reached once on a walk and finished with two RBI while Powell singled, stole a base and scored a run.
- Redshirt freshman Max Mircovich and redshirt junior Sam Ilario were walked three times each. Mircovich crossed the plate twice while Ilario had one RBI.
- Redshirt junior Tyler Wilson struck out seven while allowing just four hits over a 5.0-inning, no-decision start. He gave up three runs, two of which were earned.
- Sophomore Nick Robinson was charged with the loss, allowing two runs (both unearned) through 2.1 innings of relief work.
- Three different Redhawk relievers combined to hold the Rams without a hit over the game's final five innings. Zach Wolf was credited with the win.
The Rams and Redhawks return to the diamond for a Saturday afternoon doubleheader. First pitch for Game #1 is set for 4 p.m. Eastern.