Rhode Island Lineup
Caputo (SS), DeRegis (CF), Quinn (1B), Gardella (DH), O'Connell (LF), Sherburne (RF), Livingston (C), Warnock (3B), Hopkins (2B), Distasio (P)
Teaf (SS), Borders, Le. (C), Maglich (LF), Putnam (1B), Lueck (RF), Borders, Lu. (DH), Arencibia (CF), Leal (2B), Miniet (3B), Murray (P)
Inside the Box Score
- Rhode Island recorded a season-high 14 hits in the win - six of which were for extra bases. However, URI also allowed a season-high in hits as USF finished with 18 on the afternoon.
- The 16 runs scored were twice as many as URI had scored in any one game this season as the Rams' previous high was eight - vs. Charleston Southern, James Madison and UMass Lowell.
- Senior Pat Quinn recorded URI's first homer of the season, finishing the day 3-for-4 with four RBI and three runs scored.
- Junior Tim Caputo also scored three times while collecting two hits, two RBI and a stolen base.
- Junior Nick DeRegis drove in a trio of runs and scored twice on a 2-for-4 day at the plate.
- Freshman RJ Warnock extended his reached base streak to a team-best 11 games as he went 2-for-4 with a walk, three runs scored and one RBI.
- Redshirt sophomore Derek Gardella also turned in a multiple hit performance, going 2-for-6 with one runs scored and one batted in.
- Sophomore Chase Livingston drove in a run and scored twice in his second start behind the dish. The Rams are 2-0 in these games as Livingston also was the starting catcher in URI's win over Marshall.
- Sophomore starter Lou Distasio fanned five over four plus innings, but also allowed six runs on eight hits and two walks. Although the Rams were leading when he exited the game, he did not pitch the minimum five innings required to get the win, which was credited to redshirt freshman Ben Wessel.
- Redshirt freshman Matt Ferraiolo recorded the final two outs of the game to pick up his first career save.
The Rams return to action on Tuesday afternoon when they host Sacred heart at 3:30 p.m.