Rhody's Starting Lineup
Landi (LF), Roy (CF), LeBel (3B), Foreman (1B), Fortunato (2B), Quinn (C), Stenhouse (RF), Lee (DH), Caputo (SS), Furney (P)
Butler's Starting Lineup
Calderon (CF), Dillon (RF), Risi (1B), Fries (LF), Haddad (C), Guinane (22), Caponi (SS), Gelwicks (DH), Calderon (2B), Kramp (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (29-22, 13-7) scored in each of the first two innings before Butler (22-25, 11-9) put up a three spot in the third to take a 3-2 lead over the Rams. The Bulldogs held the advantage until the top of the seventh when Rhody plated five runs on five hits - including four infield singles - to move ahead 7-3. The Rams rounded out the scoring in the top of the eighth when Jesse Lee scored on an RBI single by Jeff Roy.
Inside the Box Score
- Jeff Roy led the Rhody offense as he went 4-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Mike LeBel and Connor Foreman each drove in two runs while scoring one of their own.
- Joe Landi and Tim Caputo collected two hits each. Landi also reached on a walk and scored a pair of runs while Caputo scored once and had a stolen base.
- Jesse Lee also crossed the plate twice, despite going 0-for-3 on the afternoon.
- Sean Furney (6-3) picked up the win, allowing three runs (all earned) on six hits and a walk. He also struck out three batters over 7.0 innings of work.
- Ty Sterner came on in the bottom of the eighth and allowed just one hit the rest of the way.
- Kyle Kramp took the loss for Butler, scattering 11 hits and allowing seven runs (all earned) over his 6.0-inning start.
- Radley Haddad and Marco Caponi each had two hits for the Bulldogs.
Rhody and Butler return to Bulldog Park to close out the series at Noon on Sunday.