- Senior Ceremony Footage
- Postgame Interviews
- Postgame Outtakes #1 - Moyers gets heckled by teammates
- Postgame Outtakes #2 - Fortunato wears a cooler full of ice
Rhody's Starting Lineup
Caputo (SS), Famiglietti (LF), Roy (CF), LeBel (3B), Fortunato (2B), Livingston (1B), Quinn (C), Gardella (DH), Stenhouse (RF), Moyers (P)
St. Bonaventure's Starting Lineup
Johnson (SS), Ingraham (1B), Radwan (2B), Urban (3B), Hutmacher (LF), Rosencrance (DH), Lohrer (C), Heath (RF), Diaz (CF), Gray (P)
How it Happened
Playing in its final home game of the season, Rhode Island (28-21, 12-6) got things going early on with a four spot in the bottom of the first. A base hit by Chris Famiglietti - combined with a pair of walks to Tim Caputo and Mike LeBel - loaded the bases for Pat Fortunato, who lined a singled to centerfield to give Rhody a 1-0 advantage. Chase Livingston then drilled an 0-2 offering into right field to plate Famiglietti before Derek Gardella shot one back up the middle to score both Fortunato and LeBel and put the Rams ahead 4-0.
Rhody added another run in the bottom of the second - when Famiglietti scored on an infield error after lacing a two-out triple into right center - and stretched it's advantage to 7-0 in the bottom of the fifth. There, Fortunato tripled to drive in LeBel before scoring URI's final run of the day on a double by Livingston.
St. Bonaventure (17-23, 7-11) managed just four hits on the afternoon and only had one inning with more than one base runner.
Inside the Box Score
- The Rams outhit the Bonnies, 10-4, and recorded six stolen bases to SBU's one.
- Pat Fortunato went 3-for-4 with a triple, two runs scored, two RBI and a stolen base to lead the Rams' offense.
- Chris Famiglietti and Chase Livingston also turned in multi-hit games as each went 2-for-4. Famiglietti scored twice while Livingston had a pair of RBI.
- Mike LeBel went 1-for-2, was walked twice and scored two runs. He also came in to close out the game in the top of the ninth, striking out two batters in his first pitching appearance of the season.
- Derek Gardella drove in a pair of runs and reached twice on a single and a walk.
- Steve Moyers (3-1) earned the win, striking out six batters and allowing just four hits over seven shutout innings. In six Atlantic 10 appearances this season (five starts), the Rhody rookie has held conference opponents to a .169 batting average while posting a 1.31 ERA.
- Ty Sterner and LeBel each tossed a scoreless inning of relief to preserve the shutout victory for Moyers.
- St. Bonaventure starter Eddie Gray took the loss as he allowed five runs (four earned) on six hits and three walks over a 3.1-inning start.
- Austin Ingraham recorded two of the Bonnies four hits on the afternoon, including SBU's only extra-base hit of the game - a fifth-inning double.
The Rams return to action next weekend when they travel to Indianapolis for a three-game set at Butler.