Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Landi (LF), LeBel (3B), Foreman (1B), O'Connell (DH), Fortunato (2B), Quinn (C), Stenhouse (RF), Caputo (SS), Bradstreet (P)
St. Bonaventure's Starting Lineup
Jutca (LF), Radwan (2B), Rosencrance (DH), Urban (3B), Ingraham (1B), Johnson (CF), Heath (RF), Lohrer (C), Meredith (SS), Revello (P)
How it Happened
St. Bonaventure (16-21, 9-6) struck first, taking a 1-0 lead in the top of the third after Eric Jutca's RBI groundout plated Nick Lohrer. The Rams (26-20, 10-5) evened it up in the fifth, however, as Joe Landi drew a bases-loaded walk to push across Pat Quinn and make it a 1-1 game. Lohrer then laced a seventh-inning double to drive in Thad Johnson for what proved to be the game-winning run.
Inside the Box Score
- St. Bonaventure recorded nine hits to Rhody's five.
- Both teams left seven men on base throughout the game - four of which (for both teams) were stranded in scoring position.
- Eight of Rhody's nine starters reached base at least once. Roy got on three times as he was hit by a pitch, walked and singled.
- Pat Quinn scored the lone run of the game for Rhode Island, on a bases-loaded walk by Joe Landi.
- Mike Bradstreet took the loss, giving up two runs (both earned) over six and a third innings. He struck out four batters and walked none while allowing nine hits.
- Nick Narodowy faced the minimum over the final 2.1 innings. He replaced Brad Applin and got an inning-ending, bases-loaded strikeout to end the seventh before retiring the Bonnies in order in both the eighth and ninth.
- Andrew Revello (5-5) earned the win for St. Bonaventure, allowing just four hits and one run over a 6.1-inning start. He also fanned three and walked four.
- Nick Lohere went 2-for-4 and accounted for both Bonnies' runs as he scored one and drove in another.
- Eric Jutca, Jason Radwan and Than Johnson also had two hits apiece for SBU.
The Rams and Bonnies return to Bill Beck Field for game two of the series, Saturday at 1 p.m.