Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Landi (LF), LeBel (3B), O'Connell (C), Quinn (DH), Fortunato (2B), Foreman (1B), Stenhouse (RF), Caputo (SS), Bowditch (P)
Brown's Starting Lineup
Levine (2B), Marcal (RF), Van Boom (C), Massey (LF), Slaughter (1B), Kerr (DH), Kukowski (3B), Franco (SS), Sheridan (CF), Carlow (P)
How it Happened
Brown (7-33) took a 2-0 lead after a pair of solo shots by Wes Van Boom in the fourth and J.J. Franco in the fifth but Rhode Island (26-20) evened things at two apiece in the top of the seventh. Connor Foreman led off with a single through the right side, advanced to second on a base hit by Tim Caputo and then scored on an opposite-field single by Jeff Roy. Mike LeBel followed with a two-out single to right center, scoring Roy and making it a 2-2 game.
The Rams loaded the bases in the top of the ninth after three singles by Caputo, Roy and LeBel, but Shane O'Connell grounded into a 4-6-3 play to end the threat.
Jesse Lee and Caputo led off the top of the 11th with back-to-back walks before Roy and Landi followed with sac-bunts that scored both runners and put URI ahead 4-2. LeBel then doubled to center and came around to score the final run of the game on a an RBI single by Shane O'Connell.
Inside the Box Score
- Rhode Island outhit Brown 10-4, but stranded 12 base runners and left runners in scoring position in six different frames.
- Defensively, Rhody fielded four double plays on the afternoon.
- Tim Caputo went 3-for-4 with a triple and two runs scored.
- Mike LeBel also had a trio of hits, as well as an RBI and a run scored
- Jeff Roy also turned in a multi-hit performance as he collected a pair of hits and an RBI.
- Jesse Lee scored what proved to be the game-winning run after drawing a lead-off walk in the top of the 11th.
- Tyler Bowditch gave up just three hits over his 5.0-inning start, but two of those three were home runs. He also walked three batters and struck out a pair.
- Cole Warren, Nick Narodowy and Brendan Doonan combined to toss 4.2 innings of relief without allowing a hit.
- Rob Curran came on in the 10th and picked up the win after retiring four of the five hitters he faced.
- Brown's Taylor Wright took the loss while J.J. Franco went 2-for-3 to lead the Bears at the plate.
Rhody returns to The Beck for its final home weekend of the season. The Rams will host St. Bonaventure at 3 p.m. on Friday, 1 p.m. on Saturday and Noon on Sunday.