Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Landi (LF), LeBel (3B), Quinn (C), Fortunato (2B), Stenhouse (RF), Foreman (1B), O'Connell (DH), Caputo (SS), Mantle (P)
Hartford's Starting Lineup
Stover (SS), Estevez (2B), Sheetz (1B), Lukach (RF), DelDebbio (CF), Touhey (LF), Alfonso (DH), Walker (C), Wilson (3B), Carter (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (23-17) jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the top of the seventh when Shane O'Connell ripped a two-run triple to plate Pat Fortunato and Kevin Stenhouse. Hartford (12-25) got one back in the bottom of the third but URI pushed its lead back to two (3-1) after Mike LeBel used a fifth-inning single to drive in Tim Caputo.
Pat Quinn doubled to lead off the sixth before putting Rhody on top 4-1 when he came around to score on an RBI single by Stenhouse. The Rams then added three more in the top of the seventh to seal the 7-1 win.
Inside the Box Score
- As a team, the Rams outhit Hartford 11-3.
- Milan Mantle allowed just one unearned run over 5.1 innings to pick up his fourth win of the season. He struck out five, walked none and allowed just three hits on the day.
- Lou Distasio picked up his first career save, getting a pair of bases-loaded strikeouts in the sixth and sitting the Hawks down in order in the seventh.
- Mike LeBel and Pat Fortunato each had a pair of hits, a run scored and a stolen base. LeBel also drove in two runs while Fortunato had one RBI.
- Shane O'Connell collected two RBI as well, both coming on his second-inning triple.
- Tim Caputo reached three times, going 1-for-1 with two walks and two runs scored.