Roy (CF), Landi (LF), LeBel (3B), Quinn (C), Fortunato (2B), Stenhouse (RF), O'Connell (DH), Foreman (1B), Caputo (SS), Furney (P)
Temple's Starting Lineup
Peterson (1B), Stiles (LF), Knabe (3B), Elko (DH), Lustrino (SS), Nist (C), Hall (CF), Yarborough (2B), Kerrigan (RF),Peterson (P)
How it Happened
Temple (14-19, 5-9) took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first inning but Rhode Island (21-17, 8-3) quickly evened it up in the bottom of the frame when Pat Quinn singled up the middle to drive in Jeff Roy, who had led off with a base hit to left field. The Rams added another in the bottom of the fifth when Roy crossed the plate on a sac fly my Mike LeBel. Roy went on to score the Rams' final run of the game in the bottom of the seventh, crossing the plate on a wild pitch to hand Temple's Eric Peterson his first loss of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- Jeff Roy led the Rams with a perfect 4-for-4 day at the plate. He also scored each of Rhode Island's three runs and picked up a pair of stolen bases. He is now a perfect 21-for-21 in stolen base attempts this season.
- Pat Quinn and Mike LeBel each had an RBI while Roy scored Rhody's third run on a passed ball.
- Sean Furney (5-3) picked up the win, giving up just one run on seven hits over a 5.0-inning start.
- Brad Applin earned the save, allowing just two hits over four complete innings of relief work.
- Eric Peterson (5-1) took the loss as he was responsible for all three Rhody runs over his seven-inning start.
- Derek Peterson, Allen Stiles and Matt Elko each had a pair of hits for the Owls.
The Rams and Owls return to Bill Beck Field to close out the series on Sunday at Noon.