Caputo (SS), Roy (CF), LeBel (3B), Quinn (C), Fortunato (2B), Stenhouse (RF),Gardella (DH), Foreman (1B), Famiglietti (LF), Bradstreet (P)
Temple's Starting Lineup
Queja (2B), Lustrino (SS), Knabe (3B), Peterson (1B), Nist (DH), D'Agostino (RF), Hall (CF), Stiles (LF), D'Acunti (C), Peterson (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (20-17, 7-3) got the only runs it would need in the bottom of the fifth as Jeff Roy singled up the middle to score Chris Famiglietti and Mike LeBel followed with a two-run double that plated Roy and Tim Caputo. Starter Mike Bradstreet allowed just one hit over the next 2.2 innings before being relieved by Bobby Dean, who faced the minimum four batters the rest of the way.
Inside the Box Score
- The shutout victory was Rhody's fifth of the season and first in Atlantic 10 play.
- Jeff Roy and Pat Fortunato led the Rams with two hits apiece. Roy also drove in a run and scored one of his own.
- Chris Famiglietti scored a run and reached three times as he was hit by a pitch, walked and recorded a bunt single.
- Tim Caputo also was walked and hit by a pitch, reaching twice and scoring a run despite an 0-for-3 day at the plate.
- Mike Bradstreet struck out a career-high 11 batters in his sixth win of the season. He allowed just four hits over 7.2 innings of work before being relieved by Bobby Dean, who picked up his eighth save of the year.
- Temple's Patrick Peterson (1-5) was charged with the loss while Alan Stiles accounted for three of the Owls' four hits on the afternoon.
The Rams and Owls return to Bill Beck Field for game two of the series, Saturday at 3 p.m.