Roy (CF), Caputo (SS), Quinn (C), LeBel (3B), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), Foreman (1B), O'Connell (DH), Landi (LF), Furney (P)
Fordham's Starting Lineup
Swatek (CF), Runco (2B), Galiano (C), Sorine (DH), Mauri (1B), Edminston (3B), McNally (LF), Creccia (RF), DeVito (SS), Pike (P)
How it Happened
Fordham (12-22, 1-7) opened the scoring in the bottom of the first, plating a pair of two-out runs off URI starter Sean Furney. Rhode Island (17-17, 5-3) cut the lead in half in the top of the third after back-to-back opposite field hits by Jeff Roy and Tim Caputo. Two innings later, Mike LeBel sent a three-run shot over the left field wall to put the Rams ahead 4-2. Fordham got one back in the bottom of the eighth but Bobby Dean shut the door in the ninth, striking out three in a row to preserve the 4-3 win.
Inside the Box Score
- Mike LeBel finished the day 2-for-5 with three RBI and a run scored. The career homerun leader at URI, LeBel upped his total to 27 with a three-run shot in the top of the fifth.
- Tim Caputo also had two hits on the afternoon to go along with a stolen base, a run scored and one driven in.
- Pat Quinn led all Rhody players with three hits on the afternoon.
- Rhode Island starter Sean Furney (4-3) picked up the win, striking out a season-high eight batters and issuing just one walk over 6.0 innings of work.
- Nick Narodowy - who came on in the bottom of the seventh - did not allow a hit over an inning of relief.
- Bobby Dean tossed the final two innings for the Rams, allowing one run on one hit while fanning four for his fifth save of the season.
- Fordham's Chris Pike (1-6) was charged with the loss.
The Rams return to Houlihan Park to close out the series at Noon on Sunday.