Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Caputo (SS), Quinn (DH), LeBel (3B), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), Foreman (1B), O'Connell (C), Landi (LF), Distasio (P)
Bryant's Starting Lineup
Mountford (RF), Zarozny (LF), Brown (3B), Mullen (DH), Anderson (CF), Muscatello (SS), Calire (2B), Rinn (1B), Scott (C), Michaud (P)
How it Happened
Bryant (19-9-1) took an early lead after plating a pair of runs in the bottom of the second, but a bases-loaded sacrifice fly by Joe Landi scored Pat Fortunato and made it 2-1 in the top of the fifth.
However, that was as close as Rhode Island (15-17) would get as the Bulldogs went on to add three more runs in the fifth and another three in the sixth for the 8-1 victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Rhode Island finished the day with just five hits to Bryant's nine. The Bulldogs have now won 14 games in a row while improving to 19-9-1 on the season.
- Jeff Roy was the Rams' top offensive performer, going 2-for-3 with three stolen bases. He is now a perfect 19-for-19 in stolen base attempts this year.
- Pat Fortunato scored URI's lone run, on an RBI sac-fly by Joe Landi.
- Rhody starter Lou Distasio took the loss, giving up two runs on three hits over three innings of work. Nick Narodowy and Tyler Bowditch combined to toss the final 2.2 innings for the Rams. They struck out four and did not allow a hit.
- Bryant's Joseph Michaud earned the win as he allowed just one run on four hits over his six-inning start. He also recorded eight strikeouts.
- Carl Anderson led Bryant at the plate, going 3-for-5 with two runs and an RBI. John Mullen scored three times on two hits with three RBI.
The Rams return to action this weekend when they travel to the Bronx for a three-game set at Fordham.