Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Caputo (SS), Quinn (C), LeBel (3B), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), Foreman (1B), Livingston (DH), Famiglietti (LF), Mantle (P)
Quinnipiac's Starting Lineup
Ruditys (LF), Palladino (RF), Guglietti (1B), Migani (3B), Donaghue (SS), Nelson (DH), Dwyer (2B), Herter (CF), Long (C), Sustad (P)
How it Happened
Quinnipiac (10-16) plated a trio of runs in the first inning but Rhode Island (15-16) came back and cut into the deficit in the bottom of the second. Kevin Stenhouse scored first - on an RBI single by Chris Famiglietti - before Tim Caputo drew a bases-loaded walk to send home Chase Livingston and make it a one run game. The following inning, three straight walks loaded the bases for Connor Foreman, whose sacrifice fly plated Mike LeBel and evened things up at three apiece.
The Rams then stormed ahead in the fifth, tacking on four additional runs for the 7-3 victory.
Inside the Box Score
- Quinnipiac held a 9-5 advantage in hits, but the Bobcats' pitching staff combined for seven walks and six hit batters.
- Jeff Roy (hit three times), Kevin Stenhouse (1-for-2, two walks) and Pat Fortunato (1-for-2, two walks) each reached base three times. Roy also stole a pair of bases while Stenhouse scored twice and Fortunato had a run scored and an RBI.
- Connor Foreman accounted for three of the Rams' runs, scoring once and picking up a pair of RBI. He also recorded a stolen base, as did Chase Livingston, who reached twice, scored once and drove in a run.
- Quinnipiac's three runs were charged to starting pitcher Milan Mantle. After that, Brendan Doonan (3.1 IP), Rob Curran (4.0 IP) and Brad Applin (1.0 IP) combined for 8.1 innings of scoreless relief.
- Curran picked up the win - his first decision of the year - while Quinnipiac's Kyle Musco took the loss.
The Rams return to action on Wednesday afternoon when they travel to Bryant for a 3 p.m. game against the Bulldogs.