Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Caputo (SS), Quinn (C), LeBel (3B), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), O'Connell (DH), Foreman (1B), Famiglietti (LF), Moyers (P)
Hofstra's Starting Lineup
Stuart (CF), Cafiero (3B), Jackson (LF), Hammer (1B), Reistetter (C), Perez (SS), Nardo (DH), Nyman (2B), Ehrsam (RF), Schreiber (P)
How it Happened
Both Rhode Island (9-12) and Hofstra (6-16) did all of their scoring in one inning as the Rams plated their lone run of the game in the bottom of the first and Hofstra put up a three spot in the top of the fourth.
Inside the Box Score
- Rhody's lone run of the game was scored by sophomore Tim Caputo, on a bases-loaded sac-fly by senior Kevin Stenhouse.
- Junior Pat Quinn reached three times, going 2-for-4 with a walk. Classmate Shane O'Connell also had a pair of hits for the Rams.
- Hofstra held a slight edge in hits (7-6) but the Rams stranded 12 base runners on the afternoon, including three innings with a runner on third base.
- Freshman Steve Moyers (2-1) took the loss, allowing three runs on seven hits over a 3.2-inning start. He also struck out four batters and walked two.
- David Jesch picked up the win for Hofstra. He scattered just three hits while striking out eight batters over 5.1 innings of work. Brett Schreiber came on in the sixth and held the Rams scoreless the rest of the way.
The Rams return to Bill Beck Field to host UMass Lowell on Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.