Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Caputo (SS), Quinn (C), LeBel (3B), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), O'Connell (DH), Foreman (1B), Famiglietti (LF), Bradstreet (P)
Hofstra's Starting Lineup
Ehrsam (CF), Stuart (RF), Jackson (LF), Hammer (1B), Reistetter (C), Nyman (2B), Hall (DH), Nardo (3B), Brantley (SS), D'Errico (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (8-11) jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the first and stretched it to 7-0 in the second. The Rams found themselves on top 10-0 before Hofstra (5-15) finally got on the board with a single run in the top of the eighth. However, Rhody came back and scored once more in the bottom of the frame for the Rams' second 10-run victory of the season.
Inside the Box Score
- As a team, Rhody collected 16 hits while Hofstra managed just six over the course of the game.
- Four different players recorded a three-hit performance for URI - sophomore Tim Caputo, freshman Connor Foreman and redshirt seniors Mike LeBel and Pat Fortunato.
- Caputo and Fortunato also had two RBI and two runs scored while LeBel had one of each.
- Foreman and redshirt senior Chris Famiglietti each drove in a pair of runs.
- Redshirt junior Shane O'Connell went 1-for-3 with two walks and three runs scored.
- Senior Kevin Stenhouse also scored twice, despite going 0-for-4 at the plate.
- Senior Mike Bradstreet (3-2) picked up the win, allowing just five hits and one walk over 7.0 scoreless innings. He also struck out five batters while extending his consecutive scoreless innings streak to 30.0.
- Up until Hofstra drew a fourth-inning walk, Bradstreet had gone 24.1 consecutive innings without issuing a free pass.
- Hofstra's David D'Errico took the loss, scattering 10 hits and giving up seven runs (all earned) over a 4.0-inning start.
- TJ Ehrsam scored the lone run of the game for the Pride.
The Rams and Pride remain at Bill Beck Field for game two of the double header, set to begin at 3:15 p.m.