Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Caputo (SS), Quinn (C), LeBel (3B), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), Foreman (1B), O'Connell (DH), Famiglietti (LF), Mantle (P)
Stony Brook Starting Lineup
Peragine (SS), Parenty (LF), Nivins (RF), Courtney (1B), Caputo (DH), Glodstein (CF), Tenuto (3B), Italiano (C), Tetleman (P)
How it Happened:
Rhode Island (7-11) opened the game with a four-run first inning, thanks to senior Kevin Stenhouse, who ripped a three-run double down the right field line and then came around to score on a groundout by classmate Pat Fortunato. Rhody stretched its lead to 5-0 in the bottom of the second when a sac-fly by sophomore Tim Caputo plated redshirt senior Chris Famiglietti.
Stony Brook (6-13) chipped away at the lead with a run in the seventh and another in the eight, before the Rams responded with a three spot in the bottom of the frame to move in front 8-2. The Seawolves then tacked on a pair in the top of the ninth but Rhody wrapped things up before SBU was able to do any additional damage, holding on for the 8-4 win.
Inside the Box Score:
- Senior Kevin Stenhouse drove in three runs on the afternoon. He also scored once and recorded a stolen base.
- Junior Pat Quinn and sophomore Tim Caputo each went 2-for-4 with two runs scored.
- Redshirt senior Mike LeBel reached twice - on a hit and a walk, scored a pair of runs and had an eighth-inning RBI.
- Rhody's 2-5 hitters combined for six hits, seven runs and five RBI.
- Junior Milan Mantle (1-1) allowed just three hits over five shutout innings to pick up his first win of the season. Stony Brook's Bryan Tatleman took the loss as he gave up five runs on three hits and three walks.
The Rams return to Bill Beck Field this weekend for a three-game set against Hofstra. The teams will play a Noontime doubleheader on Saturday and again at Noon on Sunday.