Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Caputo (SS), Cammans (1B), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), Quinn (DH), Adams (C), Landi (3B), Famiglietti (LF), Furney (P)
Temple's Starting Lineup
Stiles (LF), Queja (DH), Nikorak (3B), Dunigan (2B), Elko (1B), Reilly (RF), Juran (C), Khan (CF), Lustrino (SS), Hockeyberry (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (31-23-1, 15-8) took a 5-1 lead over the first three innings and stretched it to 10-1 after a five-run fifth. The Rams were ahead 14-1 before Temple (19-33, 7-16) scored again, plating two in the eighth, but the Owls gave up three more in the top of the ninth for the 17-3 Rhody win.
Inside the Box Score
- The victory was Rhode Island's 31st of the year, matching the team's win total from a year ago (31-22).
- Five different Rams turned in multiple hit performances on the afternoon. Jeff Roy, Pat Quinn and Joe Landi finished with three hits apiece while Kevin Stenhouse and Milan Adams each had two.
- Quinn also plated four runs – three of which came on third-inning homer – and scored three times for the Rams.
- Jeff Cammans, Greg Annarummo, Pat Fortunato, Dan Haverstick and Adams all scored twice while Tim Caputo drove in three runs.
- Sean Furney picked up the win on the mound, improving to 5-1 on the season. Over seven innings of work, he fanned six batters and allowed just one run. He now leads the team with 57 strikeouts on the season.
Rhody and Temple return to Skip Wilson Field to close out the regular season, Saturday at Noon.