Rams Split Doubleheader with Xavier on Autism Awareness Day
Rhody's Starting Lineup – Game #1
Famiglietti (LF), Roy (CF), Cammans (1B), Adams (C), Fortunato (2B), Annarummo (RF), Muller (DH), Haverstick (3B), Caputo (SS), Narodowy (P)
Xavier's Starting Lineup – Game #1
Paligraf (SS), Chidemo (DH), Hasenbeck (C), Eberhardt (3B), Elliott (RF), Bruening (1B), Rod (LF), Moore (2B), Elwell (CF), Richard (P)
How it Happened – Game #1
With the score tied 1-1 after three complete innings, Xavier broke things open with a five-run fourth and stretched its lead to 11-1 after plating five more in the sixth. Rhody got a pair back in the sixth and two more in the eighth but Xavier's three-run seventh completed the Musketeers' 14-5 victory.
Inside the Box Score – Game #1
- Greg Annarummo was the only Rhode Island player to record multiple hits, finishing the game 2-for-3 at the plate with one run and one RBI.
- Chris Famiglietti, Tim Caputo and Jeff Roy also reached twice each. Famiglietti and Caputo each had a hit and a walk while Roy hit safely once and was hit by a pitch.
- Ty Muller belted his first triple of the season, plating both Annarummo and Sam Johnson in the bottom of the eighth.
- Nick Narodowy took the loss, giving up six runs (all earned) on six hits over 5.0 innings. He also struck out six batters and walked just one.
- Matt Young closed out the game with just one hit over a scoreless eighth and ninth.
- Xavier's Jon Richard earned the win, fanning six and allowing just three runs on seven hits over seven innings of work.
Rhody's Starting Lineup – Game #2
Roy (CF), Famiglietti (LF), Cammans (1B), Adams (C), Quinn (DH), Fortunato (2B), Landi (RF), Haverstick (3B), Caputo (SS), Furney (P)
Xavier's Starting Lineup – Game #2
Paligraf (SS), Chidemo (DH), Hasenbeck (C), Eberhardt (3B), Elliott (RF), Bruening (1B), Rod (LF), Bodner (2B), Elwell (CF), Koors (P)
How it Happened – Game #2
Xavier struck first again, taking a 1-0 lead in the top of the second but Rhody stormed back with three in the fourth to take its first lead of the day (3-1). XU evened things up in the top of the fifth before Rhody responded with five runs over the next two frames to move in front, 8-3, after seven complete innings. Each team scored once in the eighth – and the Muskies added another in the ninth – but the Rams held on for the 9-5 win.
Inside the Box Scores
- Famiglietti and Pat Quinn each reached three times as Famiglietti went 1-for-2 with two walks and Quinn was 2-for-3 with a walk. Famiglietti also scored once and drove in a run while Quinn scored once as well.
- Caputo also crossed the plate twice for the Rams, finishing the series with a team-high three runs, four RBI and five hits – including three doubles.
- Roy went 2-for-5 with three RBI. He has now reached base in 29 consecutive games for the Rams.
- Brendan Doonan picked up the win – his first of the season – after allowing just one hit over 1.2 innings of relief. He replaced Sean Furney who allowed three runs on seven hits in a five-inning, no-decision start.
- Anthony Pisani returned to the Rhody lineup for the first time since Feb. 26, missing nearly two months with an injury. He tossed 1.2 innings of relief and allowed one earned run on two hits.
- Behind the plate, Milan Adams threw out all five Xavier base runners that attempted to steal over the three-game series.
- Tyler Koors took the loss for the Musketeers, who finished with 12 hits to Rhody's 11.
The Rams return to action on Tuesday afternoon when they host Brown at 3:30 p.m.
- 04/15/14: SCHEDULE UPDATE: Baseball Game at...
- 04/13/14: Rams Fall in Finale at Dayton, 9-5
- 04/12/14: Dayton Escapes Pitcher's Duel With...
- 04/11/14: Six-Run Seventh Leads Dayton Past...
- 04/11/14: VIDEO: "Thank You, You Really...
- 04/09/14: Baseball Falls to Bryant, 8-3
- 04/08/14: Distasio Named CSM's Atlantic 10...
- 04/08/14: Tuesday's Baseball Game at...
- 04/07/14: Distasio Earns Atlantic 10 Pitcher...
- 04/07/14: #SAOTW: Lou Distasio and Jocelyn...
- 04/06/14: Distasio's One-Hit Gem Leads Rhody...
- 04/05/14: Rhody Blanked by Fordham, 3-0
- 04/04/14: Rams Pick Up First A-10 Win with...
- 04/03/14: Rhody Set for Weekend Conference...
- 04/02/14: Rhody Falls to Central Connecticut,...
- 04/01/14: Rhode Island Bats Silenced in 6-0...
- 03/29/14: SCHEDULE UPDATE: Final Two at La...
- 03/28/14: Rhody Defeated in Series Opener at...
- 03/27/14: Boston College to Host No. 1...
- 03/24/14: #SAOTW: Sam Bedore and Lou Distasio...
Joe Nathan Field (Stony Brook, N.Y.)
Bill Beck Field (Kingston, R.I.) | Audio: WRIU 90.3 FM (WRIU.org FM Stream)
Live stats Audio