Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Famiglietti (LF), Cammans (1B), Adams (C), Stenhouse (RF), Fortunato (2B), Quinn (DH), Haverstick (3B), Caputo (SS), O'Sullivan (P)
Boston College's Starting Lineup
McGovern (RF), Butera (SS), Bourdon (CF), Moir (DH), Perdios (LF), Hinchliffe (1B), Pare (C), Hennessy (2B), Ferrick (3B), Stone (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (22-14) got things started in the top of the first, scoring four runs on two hits and taking advantage of two BC errors for the early 4-0 lead. The Rams continued to tack on the runs, scoring once in each of their next four trips to the plate before putting up a five spot in the top of the sixth.
Rhody scored again in the seventh to take a 14-2 lead before the Eagles (14-22) got two back in the bottom of the inning to make it a 14-4 game. The Rams came back with two more in the top of the eighth to round out the 16-4 victory.
Inside the Box Score
- The win extends Rhode Island's streak to seven in a row. The Rams have also now won 16 of their last 19 games.
- As a team, URI plated a season-high 16 runs, scoring in every inning but the ninth.
- Twelve of the 13 batters that Rhode Island sent to the plate reached base at least once. Five different players finished with multiple hits on the afternoon.
- Jeff Cammans led the way with three hits, two runs and two RBI. Jeff Roy and Chris Famiglietti both had two hits and three runs scored while Pat Quinn went 2-for-3 with two runs and three RBI.
- Tim Caputo also recorded a pair of hits to go along with four assists and three putouts at shortstop.
- Kevin Stenhouse hit his first home run of the season while Milan Adam's recorded his team-leading third round-tripper.
- Liam O'Sullivan earned his fourth consecutive win for the Rams, giving up four runs on nine hits with three strikeouts over a 6.2-inning start.
- BC's Eric Stone was charged with the loss as he gave up five runs (one earned) on three hits over two innings of work. Tom Borden led the Eagles at the plate, going 3-for-4 with one run and one RBI. Blake Butera finished with three RBI and a run scored.
The Rams return to action at Stony Brook on Wednesday afternoon.