Rhody's Starting Lineup
Famiglietti (LF), Roy (CF), Cammans (1B), Adams (C), Fortunato (2B), Annarummo (RF), Muller (DH), Haverstick (3B), Caputo (SS), Pickering (P)
St. Bonaventure's Starting Lineup
Meredith (SS), Radwan (2B), Urban (3B), Skellie (RF), Ingraham (1B), Grieco (C), Brennan (CF), Brozick (DH), Jutca (LF), Gray (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (19-14, 7-3) wasted little time getting on the board, plating three runs in the top of the first – on a two-run triple by Jeff Cammans and an RBI ground out by Milan Adams – and adding four more in the top of the fourth. Leading 7-3 after five complete innings, Chris Famiglietti's two-run blast put Rhody up by six (9-3), but St. Bonaventure (13-13, 2-5) came back with a four spot in the bottom of the frame to cut the Rams' lead to two.
Jeff Roy ripped his first homer of the season – a three-run shot to right field – in the top of the eighth for URI's final runs of the game. The Bonnies added one in the bottom of the the inning, but that was as close as they would get.
Inside the Box Score
- Tim Caputo, Dan Haverstick and Roy each had three hits in the win. Roy drove in four runs and scored twice while Haverstick and Caputo combined for five runs and two RBI.
- Famiglietti finished with two hits, two runs and three RBI. He and Roy both homered for the Rams, marking URI's first multiple home run game of the season.
- Roy has now reached base in a team-leading 22 games. He also leads Rhode island with 12 multiple hit games.
- Chris Pickering picked up the win for Rhode Island, improving to 4-5 on the season. Bobby Dean, Joe Landi and Mike Bradstreet combined to allow just one run on one hit over the final 3.1 innings.
- Michael Meredith and Michael Grieco had three hits apiece for the Bonnies. Eddie Gray took the loss as he gave up 10 (all earned) on 10 hits over 7.1 innings.
The Rams and Bonnies return to Fred Handler Park for Game Two, tomorrow at Noon.