Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Famiglietti (LF), Cammans (1B), Adams (C), Quinn (DH), Fortunato (2B), Stenhouse (RF), Haverstick (3B), Caputo (SS), Lee (P)
Bryant's Starting Lineup
Carignan (CF), Delponte (C), Brown (RF), Mullen (3B), Skagerlind (1B), Claire (2B), Muscatello (SS), Zanotta (DH), Mountford (LF), O'Neil (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (18-14) opened up an 8-0 lead over the first three innings and never looked back. Bryant (17-14) got on the board with two runs in the top of the fourth but Ty Sterner came on with bases loaded and worked a 3-0 count into an inning-ending fly-out before the Bulldogs could do any additional damage.
Bryant added another run in the sixth but Rhody tacked on two more in the seventh for the 10-3 win.
Inside the Box Score
- The win was Rhode Island's eighth consecutive midweek victory this season. In these games, the Rams have outscored their opponents, 62-33. Additionally, URI is 12-3 over its last 15 contests.
- Pat Fortunato paced the Rhody offense, going 4-for-5 with two runs and an RBI. It was the first four-hit game of his career.
- Dan Haverstick and Milan Adams each finished with two hits and a run scored. Haverstick also drove in three runs while Fortunato, Pat Quinn and Kevin Stenhouse each scored twice.
- Sterner (1-0) picked up the win, allowing just one run on three hits over 2.1 innings of relief. He took over for Kevin Lee in the top of the fourth. Lee gave up just one hit and one earned run in a no-decision start.
- Bobby Dean (2.0 IP) and Joe Landi (1.0 IP) closed out the game with three scoreless innings of relief work.
- Brian O'Neil (0-2) took the loss for the Bulldogs as he was responsible for seven runs (six earned) in a two-inning start.
The Rams return to action this weekend when they travel to St. Bonaventure for a three-game Atlantic 10 series. The Rams and Bonnies will play at 3 p.m. on Friday, Noon on Saturday and Noon on Sunday.