Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Famiglietti (LF), Cammans (1B), Quinn (C), Fortunato (2B), Stenhouse (DH), Annarummo (RF), Landi (3B), Caputo (SS), O'Sullivan (P)
Northeastern's Starting Lineup
Barbosa (RF), Puttress (DH), Miller (LF), Leroux (C), Vosler (2B), Fonseca (1B), Lyons (CF), McKeon (3B), Hart (SS), Cook (P)
How it Happened
Northeastern (12-11) used a bases-loaded walk to score its only run of the game and take an early lead in the top of the first. Rhode Island (13-13) then evened things up in the bottom of the frame, before plating five runs on five hits – all with two away – in the bottom of the second. Rhody added another in the bottom of the fifth for the 7-1 win over the Huskies.
Inside the Box Score
- The win was Jim Foster's 200th as the head coach of the Rams. He now owns a 200-154-2 career record in his seventh season at Rhode Island.
- Liam O'Sullivan picked up the win on the hill – his second in as many starts. He allowed just one run over 6.2 innings while striking out three batters.
- Rob Curran took over for O'Sullivan in the top of the seventh and did not allow a hit the rest of the way. He closed out the game with 2.1 scoreless innings of relief.
- Offensively, Chris Famiglietti led the way, going 3-for-4 with a run and an RBI. He also reached once on a walk and finished with eight putouts in left field.
- Jeff Cammans and Pat Quinn each drove in a pair of runs for the Rams while Jeff Roy – who reached three times on a hit and two walks – crossed the plate twice in the win.
The Rams return to action on Wednesday afternoon when they travel to Central Connecticut for a 3 p.m. game vs. the Blue Devils.