Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Famiglietti (LF), Cammans (1B), Quinn (DH), Adams (C), Fortunato (2B), Annarummo (RF), Haverstick (3B), Caputo (SS), Narodowy (P)
Saint Joesph's Starting Lineup
Pater (CF), Kancylarz (3B), Kumpel (RF), Cunningham (DH), O'Keefe (C), Taylor (1B), Veeder (LF), Cirillo (SS), Renner (2B), Pracher (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island (11-13, 3-2) opened the scoring in the top of the first as Jeff Roy led off with a bunt single before later crossing the plate on a base hit by Pat Quinn. Jeff Cammans then scored on a two-out single by Pat Fortunato to put Rhody in front, 2-0, in the top of the fifth.
Saint Joseph's (8-19, 1-1) got one back in the bottom of the frame before taking its first lead of the game (4-2) on a bases-loaded double in the seventh. Cammans then drove in Tim Caputo and Roy to evened things up at 4-4 in the top of the eighth.
With the score still tied at four apiece in the top of the 10th, Rhody loaded the bases with one away, setting up Milan Adams' game-winning sac-fly that plated Roy for the URI win.
Inside the Box Score
- As a team, Rhode Island finished with a season-high 16 hits but also stranded 16 base-runners on the afternoon. The Hawks collected eight hits over 10 innings.
- Roy reached base six times, going 4-for-4 with a pair of walks. He also scored three times for the Rams, including the game-winning run in the top of the tenth.
- Quinn went 3-for-4 with an RBI before being pinch run for by Kyle Richards in the top of the seventh.
- Cammans also finished with three hits, a stolen base, one run scored and two RBI.
- Caputo and Greg Annarummo rounded out Rhode Island's multiple-hit performers with two apiece.
- Nick Narodowy recorded a career-high six strikeouts in a no-decision start for the Rams. He went 4.2 innings with his only run against coming on a bases-loaded walk in the top of the fifth.
- Mike Bradstreet earned the win – his first of the season – while Mike Muha took the loss for St. Joe's.
The Rams and Hawks return to St. Joe's Maguire Campus to close out the series at Noon on Sunday.