Rhody's Starting Lineup
Roy (CF), Famiglietti (LF), Cammans (1B), Quinn (C), Annarummo (RF), Stenhouse (DH), Fortunato (2B), Haverstick (3B), Caputo (SS), O'Sullivan (P)
Northridge's Starting Lineup
Ring (CF), Vogelsang (1B), Barry (LF), Williams (RF), Bowen (C), Eskelin (DH), Attl (SS), Balkan (3B), Raslowsky (2B), Gorski (P)
How it Happened
Cal State Northridge (6-8) scored one in the first and two in the second to take a 3-0 lead before the Rams (8-9) got on the board in the top of the third. Dan Haverstick got things started with a lead-off triple before scoring URI's first run of the day on a sacrifice fly by Tim Caputo. Pat Fortunato then evened the score at three apiece when he send a two-out, two-run shot over the centerfield fence in the top of the fourth. However, the Matadors quickly reclaimed the lead in the bottom of the frame after a lead-off home run by Kyle Attl.
Rhode Island then used a three-run, two-out rally to move in front 6-4 in the top of the seventh, but CSUN plated a run in the bottom of the inning to make it 6-5. The Rams came back again, taking advantage of three CSUN errors and scoring four more in the eighth to take a 10-5 lead before the Matadors added a pair in their next trip to the plate to get within three at 10-7.
Inside the Box Score
- The Rams combined for 10 hits on the afternoon. Rhody also finished with 11 hits in yesterday's game vs. the Matadors, marking the first time this season that URI gets double digit hits in back-to-back games
- Jeff Roy, Chris Famiglietti, Greg Annarummo and Dan Haverstick each finished with two hits in the win. Roy, Fortunato and Jeff Cammans drove in two runs apiece while Stenhouse, Fortunato and Haverstick each scored twice.
- Fortunato's homer was his first of the season and the Rams' first in nine games. Haverstick's triple was also the team's first of the year.
- Rhody finished with six extra-base hits on the afternoon, the team's most in any single game this season. 2B: Annarummo (2), Famiglietti (1), Cammans (1). 3B: Haverstick (1). HR: Fortunato (1).
- Rob Curran (1-0) earned the win on the mound while Mike Bradstreet picked up his fourth save of the season, and second in as many days.
- Cole Hallum took the loss for the Matadors, giving up six runs (five earned) on four hits and two walks over an inning of relief.
Rhode Island returns to action on Thursday when it open the series vs. UC Santa Barbara at 6 p.m. Eastern (3 p.m. Pacific). The Rams and Gauchos will also play a Friday afternoon doubleheader to complete the tree-game set. URI and UCSB were originally scheduled to play one on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, but decided to bump up the schedule due to poor weather forecasts for the weekend.