Rhody's Starting Lineup
Cammans (DH), Roy (CF), Annarummo (RF), Quinn (1B), Adams (C), Stenhouse (LF), Fortunato (2B), Landi (3B), Caputo (SS), Narodowy (P)
Vanderbilt's Starting Lineup
Navin (C), Kemp (LF), Gomez (SS), Gregor (DH), Yastrzemski (RF), Harrell (CF), Reynolds (2B), Conde (3B), Harris (1B), Selman (P)
How it Happened
Rhode Island led 1-0 and 2-1 before Vandy took its first lead of the game (3-2) in the bottom of the fourth. The Rams came back with with a pair of runs in the sixth to move in front, 4-3, but a costly error in the bottom of the frame allowed the Commodores to open up a 7-4 lead. The Rams rallied back again, plating four in the top of the seventh but VU crossed the plate three times in the bottom of the seventh and twice more in the eighth for the 12-8 win.
Inside the Box Score
- With the loss, URI falls to 4-5 while Vanderbilt improves to 4-7.
- Rhode Island combined for 14 hits on the afternoon while Vandy strung together 12. The teams combined for eight errors – three by URI and five by VU.
- Nine different Rams finished with at least one hit while Vandy got hits from eight different players.
- Redshirt junior Pat Fortunato went 3-for-5 with three runs and two RBI.
- Freshman Tim Caputo, sophomore Joe Landi and senior Ty Muller each had two hits on the afternoon. Caputo also drove in a pair of runs while Muller had an RBI and a run scored in his seventh-inning pinch-hit at-bat.
- Junior Kevin Stenhouse scored a pair of runs, despite going 0-for-4 at the plate.
- Sophomore LHP Nick Narodowy gave up three runs on three hits while striking out four in a no-decision start for the Rams.
- Junior Mike Bradstreet was charged with the loss – his first of the season – after allowing five runs (four earned) on five hits over 2.2 innings of relief.
- Vanderbilt reliever Will Clinard picked up the win after tossing 2.1 innings of scoreless relief. Spencer Navin paced the Vandy offense, going 3-for-6 with three runs and four RBI.
The Rams return to action on Friday, March 9 when they travel to Malibu, Calif. for the first of three games at Pepperdine.