Rhody's Starting Lineup – Game 1
Roy (CF), Fortunato (2B), Cammans (DH), LeBel (SS), Annarummo (RF), Quinn (C), Haverstick (3B), Muller (1B), Famiglietti (LF), Lee (P)
William & Mary's Starting Lineup – Game 1
Brown (CF), Bower (LF), Lindemuth (3B), Katz (1B), Forsten (C), Aiken (DH), Williams (SS), Nutter (2B), Smith (RF), Wainman (P)
How it Happened – Game 1
Rhode Island took a 1-0 lead in the top of the fourth after sophomore Pat Quinn's two-out single plated redshirt senior Greg Annarummo. However, two of runs in the bottom of the inning proved to be all the Tribe needed to pick up the win.
Inside the Box Score – Game 1
* In his first career start, sophomore Kevin Lee allowed just two hits over five innings of work. He recorded nine straight outs to start the game, but gave up two runs on two hits and a walk in the fourth.
* Sophomore Nick Narodowy replaced Lee in the bottom of the sixth and retired each of the nine batters he faced.
* As a team, Rhody strung together six hits to William & Mary's three.
* Annarummo and senior Mike LeBel led the Rhode Island offense as each went 2-for-3 at the plate.
* Redshirt junior Chris Famiglietti went 1-for-3 with a stolen base.
* Matt Wainman earned the win for the Tribe, allowing one run on four hits over 6.0 innings. John Farrell gave up two hits in the top of the ninth, but got himself out of the jam to pick up the save.
Rhody's Starting Lineup – Game 2
Roy (CF), Cammans (LF), LeBel (SS), Annarummo (RF), Quinn (DH), Muller (1B), Haverstick (3B), Adams (C), Fortunato (2B), Pisani (P)
William & Mary's Starting Lineup – Game 2
Brown (CF), Bower (LF), Lindemuth (3B), Katz (1B), Aiken (C), White (DH), Nutter (2B), Williams (SS), Smith (RF), Inghram (P)
How it Happened – Game 2
Rhode Island got on the board early with a pair of first-inning runs by freshman Jeff Roy and senior Mike LeBel. The Tribe cut URI's lead in half in the bottom of the second but redshirt senior Jeff Cammans' two-run single plated Roy and redshirt junior Pat Fortunato in the top of the fifth to make it 4-1. William & Mary tacked on a pair in the bottom of the frame but was unable to get any closer.
Inside the Box Score – Game 2
* Fortunato went 3-for-4 while Roy scored twice and Cammans drove in a pair of runs.
* Senior Anthony Pisani earned the win as he allowed six hits and three runs (two earned) while striking out four over 5.0 innings of work. Junior Sean Furney replaced Pisani in the sixth, making his Rhode Island debut and striking out the first two batters he faced. With one away in the seventh, Furney handed the ball over to classmate Mike Bradstreet, who shut the door on the Tribe's offense by retiring eight consecutive batters to end the game and pick up the save.
* LeBel went 0-for-0 but reached four times – on four walks – and scored once.
* Tadd Bower, Ryan Lindemuth and Josh Smith each had a pair of hits for the Tribe.
* W&M starter Jason Inghram was charged with the loss as he was responsible for all for Rhody runs.
The Rams return to action next weekend when they travel to Charleston S.C. for for the College of Charleston Cougar Invitational. There, Rhody will face CofC (Friday), Xavier (Saturday) and Connecticut (Sunday).