URI Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The URI Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) provides a forum for leadership, communication, event planning, and community service for Rhode Island's student-athletes.
As a URI Student Senate Recognized Group, URI SAAC functions to:
- Promote communication between student-athletes and athletics administration.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within athletics, involving all teams through SAAC events and programming
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
|URI SAAC Leadership Team|
|President||Ashley Tennant||Women's Volleyball|
|Vice President||Erika Szymanski||Softball|
|Secretary||Franki Brillante||Women's Track & Field/Cross Country
|Treasurer||Kasey Lefebvre||Women's Swimming and Diving
|Member At-Large||Emma Aspell||Women's Rowing|
|Member At-Large||Maragaret MacDonald||Women's Soccer|
|Member At-Large||Siobhan Norton||Women's Rowing
|Member At-Large||Cassie Olson||Women's Track & Field/Cross Country|
|Member At-Large||Mike Pezzullo||Men's Track & Field/Cross Country|
|Member At-Large||Elizabeth Swain||Women's Rowing
Athletic Advisory Board Member: Ashley Tennant
Atlantic 10 SAAC Representative: Franki Brillante