URI Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The URI Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) provides a forum for leadership, communication, event planning, and community service for Rhode Island's student-athletes.
As a URI Student Senate Recognized Group, URI SAAC functions to:
- Promote communication between student-athletes and athletics administration.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within athletics, involving all teams through SAAC events and programming
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
2014-15 SAAC LEADERSHIP TEAM
President: Abbey Miklitsch (Rowing)
Co-Vice President: James Bloom (Men's Track & Field)
Co-Vice President: Caitlin Haggan (Swimming & Diving)
Secretary: Layne Self (Volleyball)
Treasurer: Mike MaClean (Men's Track & Field)
Media Rep: Ellie Bailes (Women's Soccer)
Lou Distasio (Baseball)
John Greenhalgh (Football)
Andrew Kestenbaum (Football)
Jenna Kirchoff (Swimming & Diving)
Jordan Rucks (Tennis)
Shelby Stang (Swimming & Diving)